Key Parts of a Research Paper: An Overview for Newbies
If this is your first time writing a research paper, it is important that you can remember some of the most significant parts before you even begin.
Significant Parts of The Report
- First is the introduction. Every paper should have an effective introduction. This is where you will be able to talk about your topic and why you chose it for your report. You can talk about the problem that you have written in your proposal for the study in this part. This is also known as the thesis statement.
- Secondly, we will now go to the body of the paper. In this part, you can discuss the methodology that you will use to gather information on your topic. You will also be able to discuss what kind of methods you will use to get the statistical results that you need for the research. This particular day in the paper also should show how the different pieces of data have been gathered and analyzed for the study.
- After discussing the methodology, you can now go to your results. Here, you should be able to percent empirical data about your variables that will support your position on the topic at hand. You should make that you will be able to verify the results because otherwise, your study will be considered contaminated.
- In addition to this, you will also be able to put a discussion area in the paper. Hair, you will be able to expound further on your position regarding the issues that you have raised at the beginning of the study. You can also discuss other people’s points of view about the topic at hand. This is the part where you can also discuss similar studies and results that help to arrive at your conclusions for this particular endeavor.
- After discussing the study further, you can now write your conclusion regarding the study itself. Always be careful about wording your conclusions because it can make or break your academic life as a student. Having definitive conclusions will increase your credibility as a writer for sure. Make sure that your conclusion is based on the empirical and circumstantial data that you have gathered throughout the study.
- Lastly, you can also put a list of references in your paper. This will help other students learn more about where you got the information that you are using the study.
These are just some of the many parts of a research paper. It may be too simple the structure, but I can assure you that it’s not that easy. So if I were you, I will go ahead and learn more about this particular format as soon as possible.